Tip of the Day – Share!

Posted on April 28, 2008 by Allie

chertom_full.jpg

If you’re starting a garden from seed this year, be it in the ground, or in containers, chances are you’ll have some extra seeds. If all goes well, you may even have more seedlings than you have room to plant. Don’t let your extras go to waste. Pass the extras on to someone who can tend to them. Give a tomato plant to your neighbor. See if one of your friends wants your extra seeds.

To make a gift out of it (Mother’s Day is coming up) pack up your extra seeds in little paper packets, put them in a basket with a set of garden tools and a pair of gloves.

Passing on seeds and seedlings might inspire someone who hadn’t planned to garden to get their hands dirty.

7 Comments +

1. What a nice idea for mother’s day! I’m thinking this is a great way to get my mom and dad out in the yard.

April 28th, 2008 at 1:04 pm
    Comment by erikka
  2. You are so creative! Where do you come up with this stuff? I am hoping that you could write about dental care products. Are mainstream toothpastes and mouthwashes safe?
    xo,
    Corinne

April 28th, 2008 at 1:36 pm
    Comment by Corinne Bowen
  3. Great idea! Although giving something like that to my mom would be viewed as more of an anti-present, I can think of a few other people who would be interested.

April 28th, 2008 at 2:28 pm
    Comment by Noelle
  4. Yeah, I think my mom would see it as an attempt to wrangle garden tomatoes out of her. And she would be correct.

April 28th, 2008 at 4:34 pm
    Comment by nancypearlwannabe
  5. My sister and I are sharing seeds this year, and its working out great- we get twice as many for half the price!

April 28th, 2008 at 7:40 pm
    Comment by Danielle
  6. That’s a good idea. A unique gift.

April 29th, 2008 at 1:26 pm
    Comment by saleha
  7. [...] On Monday, I mentioned putting together a gardening kit for your mom. [...]

May 3rd, 2010 at 9:23 am
    Pingback by Go Green for Mother’s Day

Tip of the Day

If It Doesn’t Smell, Don’t Wash It

19980_m.jpg

According to Real Simple, if every American made an effort to launder less — cutting out just one load of laundry a week per household — we’d save enough water to fill seven million swimming pools each year.

So if it looks clean, and it smells clean, call it clean and wear it again. Consider hanging worn clothes out on your clothesline to freshen them up between wearings.

• Stay-ad