Posted on August 28, 2007 by
We’ve talked about using coffee grounds as a deodorizer, but there are lots of things you can do with the grounds after you’ve made your morning coffee.
Split Bean Coffee News has some great suggestions. Here are a few:
- Mix with the soil around acid loving outdoor plants (azaleas, laurel, rhododendrons), or mix with water to give a boost to your houseplants.
- Use wet or dry to scrub pots, pans, or a dirty sink
- Rub on hands to get rid of onion and garlic smells
- Sprinkle dried grounds on icy sidewalks to prevent slipping
CocoaJava has some great recommendations too!
- Use coffee grounds as a facial treatment like a mudpack
- Steeped grounds and a cotton swab can be used to touch up scratched furniture
- Dry grounds. Tie in old pantyhose and use as an air freshener